Unit Statement: The student will learn how to describe the books in the bookstore, know how to speak the name of different dictionary in Chinese. Help students learn look up a character in a Chinese dictionary.
Essential Outcomes: (assessed for mastery)
- TSW read and write key words related to bookstore and dictionary. (Interpretive reading and presentational writing)
词 典 /dictionary 非 要 /insist on 不 但…而且/not only…but also 汉字/Chinese character 拼音/pinyin 音像/audio-visual 产品/product 掌上/palm of the hand 手写/handwritten 马上/immediately 发音/pronunciation 词/word 半折/half-price 画/strokes
- TSW read words on the dictionary’s cover know different dictionary for different study. (Interpretive reading)
3. TSW describe how to ask the book shop assistant get a dictionary. (Communicative)
4. TSW describe the places in bookstore is not only sale books even include sound and video product and TV series. (Presentational speaking)
6. TSW recognize some words about dictionary’s name or product from bookstore and shopping list. (Interpretive listening/reading)
7. TSW self-select and read level- appropriate literature independently for at least 60minuts per week.(Interpretive reading)
Introduced /Practiced Outcomes:
1. TSW check the online directory of bookstore in city, try to fill out them on the form. (Presentational writing)
2. TSW practice looking up the character in a Chinese dictionary, know it would be has two way to do it.(Interpretive reading)
3. TSW understand the meaning of some Chinese idioms when they are heard. (Interpretive listening & Culture)
Required Texts and Materials:
- HUANYING, an invitation to Chinese, volume 2: textbook, workbook part 2/2, and teacher’s book part2/2.
- Chinese Readers Orange level : Places
- Chinese Readers Blue level : Where is dragon?-World tour
- Easy Step to Chinese textbook 3/workbook 3: see unit 3 lesson 9 Stationery
- Online resources related
- Flash cards
- Ask the students look up characters in a Chinese dictionary.
Suggested Assessment Tools and Strategies:
- Any appropriate teacher-created or teacher-selected materials.
- Any appropriate online resources and websites.(http://my.cheng-tsui.com/huanying)
- Dictionary for everyone.