Unit Statement: The student will learn how to describe work, including the working environment, schedule, major responsibilities and organization.
Essential Outcomes: (assessed for mastery)
- TSW read and write key words related to summer internships. (Interpretive reading and presentational writing)
实 习 /internship 镇 /town 政 府 /government 实 习 生 /intern 一 般 /general 各 种 各 样 /all kinds 试 /try 以 上 /above 礼 堂 /auditorium 毕 业 /graduation 典 礼 /ceremony 迎 送 /greet and welcome 招 待 会 /reception 人 员 /staff 联 系 /contact 组 织 /organization 主 要 /main 放 假 /have a vacation holiday 日 历 /calendar
- TSW become more attuned to his/her personal interactions with the text. (Interpretive reading)
3. TSW describe narrate future events, use the words explain the job. (Communicative)
4. TSW learn to read “volunteers needed” ad from a Chinese website or around anyplace. (Presentational speaking)
5. TSW recognize some words about working place, co-workers, schedule and major responsibilities. (Interpretive listening/reading)
6. TSW self-select and read level- appropriate literature independently for at least 60minuts per week.(Interpretive reading)
Introduced /Practiced Outcomes:
1. TSW fill out information on a post to ask people to be volunteering. (Presentational writing)
2. TSW looking for a job for their summer vacation from a Chinese websites. (Interpretive reading)
3. TSW making a job interview with the school office. (Interpretive listening & Culture)
Required Texts and Materials:
- HUANYING, an invitation to Chinese, volume 2: textbook, workbook part 2/2, and teacher’s book part2/2.
- Chinese Readers Orange level: Daily Routine
- Chinese Readers Blue level: I like to…
- Easy Step to Chinese textbook 3/workbook 3: see unit 2 lesson 5 Occupations, textbook 4/workbook4: see unit 1 lesson 2 Occupations.
- Online resources related
- Flash cards
- Job video
Suggested Assessment Tools and Strategies:
- Any appropriate teacher-created or teacher-selected materials.
- Any appropriate online resources and websites.(http://my.cheng-tsui.com/huanying)
- Make a trip going to one’s company.