Unit Statement: The student will learn how to describe a traffic accident and ask for assistance when in need, describe a petty crime such as theft, Can understand and use an action that is done to someone or something.
Essential Outcomes: (assessed for mastery)
- TSW read and write the key words related to traffic accident and steal. (Interpretive reading and presentational writing)
迷 路 /stray 路 牌 /street sign 错 /wrong 红 绿 灯/traffic light 短 信 /text message 电 /electricity 卡 /card 怎 么 办 /what to do 附 近 /nearby 东 /east 来 回 /round trip 事 故 /accident 被 /by 司 机 /driver 送 /send 警 察 /police 偷 /steal 爬 /crawl 墙 /wall 跑 /run 菜 场 /vegetable market
- TSW read words on the traffic sign and street sign understand the direction. (Interpretive reading)
3. TSW describe how to ask people for help when who lost one’s way. (Communicative)
4. TSW describe how to tell people about accident happened and something be steal. (Presentational speaking)
5. TSW recognize some words from public transit and public place. (Interpretive listening/reading)
6. TSW describe the directions and where the place is when they know the things happened. (Communicative)
7. TSW self-select and read level- appropriate literature independently for at least 60minuts per week.(Interpretive reading)
Introduced /Practiced Outcomes:
1. TSW Write message to friends let them know you need help. (Presentational writing)
2. TSW can read a guide to public transportation and flight schedule or bus schedule. (Interpretive reading)
3. TSW can information site for public transportation. (Interpretive reading)
4. TSW understand the meaning of some Chinese idioms when they are heard. (Interpretive listening & Culture)
Required Texts and Materials:
- HUANYING, an invitation to Chinese, volume 2: textbook, workbook part 2/2, and teacher’s book part2/2.
- Chinese Readers Orange Level: Dragon is missing.
- Chinese Readers Green Level: Directions.
- Chinese Readers Blue level: Where is it? Where is dragon?
- Easy Step to Chinese textbook 4/workbook 4: see unit 5 lesson 15 Accidents.
- Online resources related
- Flash cards
Suggested Assessment Tools and Strategies:
- Any appropriate teacher-created or teacher-selected materials.
- Any appropriate online resources and websites.(http://my.cheng-tsui.com/huanying)
- Make a play to performance related to ask for assistance.
- Video about truth.