In our Physical Education classes we emphasize six character traits:
All classes will have activities, games, and exercises that relate to our core units:
- Team / Character Building
- Throwing / Catching
- Tumbling / Gymnastics
- Kicking / Striking
Every class incorporates fitness activities as warm ups, and high-intensity interval training excercises.
Throughout the year we will have various games and activities, including volleyball, badminton, soccer, kickball, dancing, hockey, game design, team challenge, obstacle course, relay races, and other exercises and games.
Our classes will often be outside on the turf fields.
We will also spend time in the MPR 2 room working on fitness, dance, and other activities.
When we are in the gym we will likely be sharing the gym with other classes and students.
- Bring water bottle to class.
- Go to the toilet before coming to class.
- Line up in designated area at start and end of class.
- Wait quietly for the PE teacher to arrive.
- Wait for PE teacher permission to enter / leave the class.
- Wear appropriate shoes and clothing for physical activities.
- Do not use electronic devices during class unless given permission by PE teacher.
- Inform the teacher of any injuries, illnesses, or other concerns that would prevent an ability to safely participate in the PE class.
- Listen to class instructions without interruption.
- Wait until after instructions to ask any questions.
- Raise hand and wait for teacher to ask any questions.
- Participate with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate the six character traits of: Effort, Attitude, Leadership, Cooperation, Safety, and Respect.
- Demonstrate the seven Success Orientations of: Kindness & Politeness, Trustworthiness, Responsibility, Concern for Others, Independent Endeavor, Aesthetic Appreciation, and Group Interaction.
- Compete in a healthy, positive manner.
- Participate in a safe manner.
- Have fun.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- Win with humility. Lose with dignity.
- Try your best.
- Believe in yourself. Believe in others.
- Support / encourage others.
- Take personal accountability for your actions, behaviors, and decisions.
- Demonstrate self-respect.
- Demonstrate teamwork.
- Develop life-long healthy habits.
- Keep having fun.